Atavium is a well funded ($8.6M series A last May) startup located in Minneapolis that is about to make a major splash in the data management space. We have a very small, tight group of rock star engineers and are looking for the next all-star to join.
Are you passionate about designing and building scaled, distributed services with low latency messaging and high availability/fault tolerance? Are you interesting in designing a system to manage data between locations across the globe and in/out of public/private clouds?
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, stock options, and other comprehensive benefits that are better then most big companies.
When applying for a position, put the position in the subject line, attach a résumé and include a brief description of why you would be a great fit for our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
Technical Solutions Sales Engineer
Must have experience in M&E or Life Sciences workflows.
Visa Sponsorship is not available.
Atavium’s Solutions Architecture team is very unique from other companies in the storage field. The SA role’s focus is on workflow productivity, visibility, improved outcomes, and customer successes rather than billable hours. As a member of our Sales Team, this position will lead in orchestrating the success and satisfaction of our customers and Insight Partners, as well as position the company as the unique thought leader in this space. Atavium’s Solutions Architects provide vertical expertise with data science and storage to the industries they service, profile industry-specific applications across specific unstructured data verticals; create technical assets and written collateral to support product improvement and marketing efforts.
- Create internal and external tools to simplify repeatable processes and minimize time spent building intelligent solutions.
- Work with sales, Insight Partners and prospects, conduct deep Solution Profile analysis ensuring mutual solution fit, success and satisfaction.
- Develop tools, or enable development, using Python, Java, Kafka, RabbitMQ and our published API’s ensuring beneficial solution outcomes.
- Develop customized data analysis to monitor changing information and take actions improving workflow conditions in real-time.
- Design and work with customers and partners to implement successful, scalable solutions.
- Optimize and prioritize time-to-value.
- Conduct hands-on learning sessions with Insight Partners and Customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in IT, specifically storage and systems administration
- Experience in customer-facing positions, preferably industry experience in Media and Entertainment or Life Sciences sectors
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Understanding of networked attached, object and cloud storage, Active Directory, LDAP, message queuing and scripting
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Java
- Experience and knowledge of Linux, Windows/NFS/S3 and SMB
- Ability to travel 60-70% of the time
- Independent, motivated, and driven to provide thought leadership.
- Storage Solutions
- Life Sciences
- Sales, Communication
- Network-Attached Storage (NAS)
- Hybrid Cloud
- Solution Architecture
- Enterprise Storage
- Digital Media