Atavium is a well funded ($8.6M series A last May) startup located in Minneapolis that is about to make a major splash in the data management space. We have a very small, tight group of rock star engineers and are looking for the next all-star to join.
Are you passionate about designing and building scaled, distributed services with low latency messaging and high availability/fault tolerance? Are you interesting in designing a system to manage data between locations across the globe and in/out of public/private clouds?
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, stock options, and other comprehensive benefits that are better than most big companies.
When applying for a position, put the position in the subject line, attach a résumé and include a brief description of why you would be a great fit for our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
Location – Field Sales - Minneapolis, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, San Francisco, Houston, Seattle
Atavium is searching for a highly motivated, proven technology sales representative to lead sales efforts in the above regions. The Account Executive is key to identifying and closing new business to drive Atavium top line growth. Working with our SEs, channel, field events, customer success and sales development teams, the Account Executive holds responsibility and accountability for achieving sales goals in the area. As the front line for Atavium, the account executive will represent our team, our culture, and our services with integrity, collaboration and intelligence to partners, prospects and customers.
- Consistently achieve quarterly and annual sales quotas through a solid, measurable sales process while conducting detailed and professional sales campaigns
- Identify net new prospects in assigned territory through discovery calls, regular partner meetings, events, partner registrations and personal prospecting
- Understand Atavium’s capabilities, benefits, outcomes, and industry context to best position our solution
- Use internal communication and CRM tools to increase your personal efficiency and productivity while delivering accurate business and customer information to the business
- Manage multiple sales cycles and customer priorities with 7-15 sales opportunities each quarter while also navigating long-term strategic opportunities
- Master competitive offerings and differentiation to focus on customer requirements and outcomes ensuring effective opportunity qualification and tactical positioning on sales campaigns
- Collaborate with internal lead generation resources to establish pipeline of business and expand opportunities within the territory
- Assist in finding, building, managing and growing new business partnerships within the reseller and ecosystem to build pipeline and leverage relationships for competitive advantage
- Leverage personal networks and business partnerships to generate net new leads for the territory
- Frequent, quarterly attendance at events and trade shows
- Significant in-territory travel to engage onsite with prospective customers
- Collaborate with the management team to develop near-term and long-term strategic territory plans
- Lead weekly territory calls and establish strong lines of communication between pre-sales engineering, marketing, channel, inside sales and other business development resources
- Continuously improve communication and relationship with pre-sales engineering counterparts to create a cohesive selling process and customer experience
- Work in conjunction with channel resources to ensure success of strategic partners and strengthen channel relationships
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skilled in selling techniques within a proven sales process framework and a minimum of 5 years of experience selling to the enterprise, life sciences, research organizations, media & entertainment preferred.
- A proven track record of consistent sales quota achievement
- Early stage startup experience preferred in software or infrastructure
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with both customers and colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Command of technology & tools
- Devotion to continual personal sales development, customer service, and follow-up
- Ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly changing environment is required
- Experience of successfully translating and communicating key technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter, possess a positive aggressive attitude, and have excellent organizational skills
Demand Generation Representative
Location - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA
The Demand Generation Representative (DGR) is the first interaction prospects have with Atavium. The team is comprised of tenacious, positive and hard-working individuals dedicated to outstanding achievement in developing new sales activity. Atavium is looking for self-motivated, team-oriented and creative individuals looking to build their career in Sales.
- Prospecting, qualifying and capturing leads and opportunities via phone, internet and social media
- Creatively following up on inbound leads to capture demand
- Successfully creating & developing opportunities
- Partnering with sales executives to drive revenue
- Driving attendance to and attending events and tradeshows in partnership with sales executives
- Creating a steady flow of outbound communications to drive engagement
- Maintaining velocity to drive activity, prospective customer engagement and revenue
- Building rapport and cultivating relationships with a variety of team members & personality types
- Demonstrating consultative sales approach value-based discussions
- Consistently achieving quota
- Building rapport with prospective customers, partners (internal and external) and moving the sales process forward
- Communicating effectively with your team members to share feedback and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel occasionally
- 1 – 2 years of professional experience beyond college, preferably in Sales, business development, lead generation, outbound calling or equivalent
- Experience & enjoyment working in a collaborative team environment
- Self-motivated and driven for outstanding results with focus on quality and the customer
- Devotion to Sales development, achievement and driving career forward rapidly
- Ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly changing, collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral, written and social media communication skills
- Creative, analytical, & organized
- Solid technical aptitude & business acumen
- Knowledge of and/or experience with a CRM (SFDC), Sales Navigator, Outreach and DiscoverOrg
- Curious, positive and aggressive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills working in a professional environment
- Ability to research, utilize and leverage social media and internet to qualify leads, drive opportunity and revenue
Technical Solutions Sales Engineer
Must have experience in M&E or Life Sciences workflows.
Visa Sponsorship is not available.
Atavium’s Solutions Architecture team is very unique from other companies in the storage field. The SA role’s focus is on workflow productivity, visibility, improved outcomes, and customer successes rather than billable hours. As a member of our Sales Team, this position will lead in orchestrating the success and satisfaction of our customers and Insight Partners, as well as position the company as the unique thought leader in this space. Atavium’s Solutions Architects provide vertical expertise with data science and storage to the industries they service, profile industry-specific applications across specific unstructured data verticals; create technical assets and written collateral to support product improvement and marketing efforts.
- Create internal and external tools to simplify repeatable processes and minimize time spent building intelligent solutions.
- Work with sales, Insight Partners and prospects, conduct deep Solution Profile analysis ensuring mutual solution fit, success and satisfaction.
- Develop tools, or enable development, using Python, Java, Kafka, RabbitMQ and our published API’s ensuring beneficial solution outcomes.
- Develop customized data analysis to monitor changing information and take actions improving workflow conditions in real-time.
- Design and work with customers and partners to implement successful, scalable solutions.
- Optimize and prioritize time-to-value.
- Conduct hands-on learning sessions with Insight Partners and Customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in IT, specifically storage and systems administration
- Experience in customer-facing positions, preferably industry experience in Media and Entertainment or Life Sciences sectors
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Understanding of networked attached, object and cloud storage, Active Directory, LDAP, message queuing and scripting
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Java
- Experience and knowledge of Linux, Windows/NFS/S3 and SMB
- Ability to travel 60-70% of the time
- Independent, motivated, and driven to provide thought leadership.
- Storage Solutions
- Life Sciences
- Sales, Communication
- Network-Attached Storage (NAS)
- Hybrid Cloud
- Solution Architecture
- Enterprise Storage
- Digital Media