We may collect information from you through our websites, products and services, email, offline interactions, and other means offered and controlled by us (collectively, the “Products and Services“). The information collected from you may include Personal Information, which is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact Details, such as your name, postal address, email, telephone number, the company you work for, your job title, your area of responsibility, or your country or region.
- Login Information, such as your user ID and password.
- Behavioral Information, such as your marketing preferences.
- Payment Information, such as billing details and past transactional behavior.
You agree to not send or disclose to us any Sensitive Personal Information. Sensitive Personal Information is any Personal Information that reveals race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, information that concerns health or sex life, genetic data, biometric data, and information about criminal or administrative proceedings and sanctions.
We may also collect information that does not reveal a specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual (“Other Information“). Other Information may include, but is not limited to:
- De-Identified Personal Information that does not personally identify you or any other user of the Products and Services (e.g., we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users from each state).
- Computer or Device Information, such as computer type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the website, product, and/or service you are using.
- Information Collected by Tracking Technologies, including cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies that collect information about you when you interact with our sites or emails, such as your browsing and purchasing behavior.
- Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address“), which is a number automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider, and information derived from your IP address such as geographic location.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined. If you choose to provide Atavium with a third party’s information, you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so.
Atavium also collects information under the direction of our customers (“Atavium Customers“) and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose information we process on behalf of Atavium Customers. We acknowledge that you have the right to access your information. If you are a customer of an Atavium Customer and have any questions or concerns regarding an Atavium Customer’s privacy practices, or if you seek access to or wish to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, you should contact the Atavium Customer directly.
We use information we collect about you, including any Personal Information, in the following ways:
- Products and Services. We may use your information to provide you with our Products and Services, including any software updates, to provide information about our Products and Services or the products and services of our business partners, or to engage in transactions with you.
- We may use your information to provide you with any technical or customer support, or to enable the provisioning of services.
- Administrative Information. We may use your information to provide you with announcements regarding our Products and Services, changes to our terms, conditions, or policies, or to provide other administrative information.
- Requests and Inquiries. We may use your information to respond directly to your information requests or other inquiries.
- Usage Patterns. We may use your information to monitor and track usage patterns of our websites and other Products and Services.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may use your information for purposes such as performing data analysis, benchmarking, audits, developing new products, improving our Products and Services, identifying usage trends, and conducting and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- Contract Performance. We may use your information to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising out of any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection purposes.
- Legal Obligations. We may use your information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable laws; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain.
- Healthy and Safety. We may use your information as we believe necessary or appropriate to protect the health and safety of our employees and visitors, our physical and online operations, and our property, rights, and privacy.
- Corporate Transactions. In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of some or all of our assets, we may transfer any information we have collected to the relevant third party.
We and the third parties we engage may combine information we collect form you over time and across our Products and Services with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us to better tailor our interactions with you.
A web beacon, also known as an Internet tag, is a small graphic image that may be included on our websites or emails. We may use web beacons or similar technologies for certain business purposes, such as tracking the number of visitors to our websites, monitoring how users navigate our websites, and counting how many emails were opened or articles or links were viewed.
We do not sell, lease, rent, or give away your information. If we share your information, we require those we share it with to comply with appropriate privacy and confidentiality requirements and security standards. We may share information we collect about you in the following ways:
- We may disclose your information to our affiliates subject to these obligations.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your information to our service providers, contractors, vendors, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- Partners and Resellers. We may disclose your information to third parties, including our strategic partners and channel partners, who help us sell and deliver our Products and Services.
- Compliance and Safety. We may disclose your information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable laws; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain.
- Corporate Transaction. We may disclose your information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, sale, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other transfer of some or all of Atavium’s assets.
- De-Identification. We may disclose your information in a de-identified form, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- We may disclose your information upon your consent.
If you use our customer forums (the “Forums“), you should be aware that any information, including Personal Information, you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of the Forums. We are not responsible for third-party use of any information you choose to submit in the Forums.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing related emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe hyperlink at the bottom of an email, or by sending your request to email@example.com. You may still receive administrative messages or other required communications that are part of certain Products and Services unless you stop using or cancel the Product or Service in accordance with its terms. You may choose to not supply certain information depending on the nature of your relationship with us, with the understanding that this may prevent you from engaging in certain activities or using certain Products and Services.
You agree to not send or disclose to us any Sensitive Personal Information. If for some reason Sensitive Personal Information is collected by us, we will not disclose such information to a non-agent third party or use such information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you unless we have received your affirmative and explicit consent (opt in).
Access and Correction
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete information that you have provided to us. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to comply with your request. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to change or delete information if we believe such change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Atavium implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We also contractually require our service providers and other third parties we use to support the business to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Products and Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You agree to not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com.
We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, comply with our business requirements and legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements. We will also take reasonable steps to delete your information if you request us to delete your information.
Trans Border Data Flows
Atavium is a global organization and the information we collect from you, including Personal Information, may be transferred to and stored in a country other than the country in which the information was collected (including, but not limited to, servers and data centers located in the United States). By using our Products and Services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States.
We are responsible for the processing of Personal Information we receive under these Privacy Shield Frameworks and subsequent transfers to a third party acting as an agent on our behalf. We comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of Personal Information from the European Union, United Kingdom, and Switzerland. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public or government authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. With respect to Personal Information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Atavium is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Enforcement and Dispute Resolution
Atavium has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternate dispute resolution provided located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit the JAMS Privacy Shield site for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you. If neither Atavium nor JAMS is able to resolve your inquiry, you have the right to invoke binding arbitration.
Third-Party Links and Software
Information from Children
Atavium does not direct its Products and Services to children and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If you believe we may have collected Personal Information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please let us know using the methods described in the Contact section below, and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue.
California Privacy Rights
Attention: Legal Department
130 Cheshire Lane, Suite 150
Minnetonka, MN 55305